Evolved Education Tutor Certification Course
Are you interested in tutoring students in a professional capacity?
Have you wondered what has allowed tutors at Evolved to work part-time hours and gain competitive, full-time wages?
Are there areas of tutoring which you want to have more training or support with?
Join Spencer Moravek, Mary Miele and members of the Evolved Education Tutoring Team to learn more about tutoring professionally.
Our goal is to provide our knowledge and experience to other educators who are interested in doing this same kind of work.
Anything and everything we have succeeded at has been due to the gracious education of others and there is no better way for us to give back to our field than by sharing our experience and expertise in order to empower like-minded educators to have the skills necessary to improve their careers, our field, and the learning experiences of our students. Most important to us is to provide educators with the possibility to make a strong living by doing this type of tutoring work.
Please join us for a ten-session course during which you will learn:
- The essentials to tutoring 1-1, including:
- understanding the learner & the "issue"
- rapport building
- communication basics & protocols
- team building
- teaching skills
- assessment skills
- student accountability & what happens outside of the session
- executive functioning skills (for the tutor)
- systems and hacks to ensure strong you develop a strong, sustainable tutoring practice
- self-care and boundaries
- mindset and expertise
- care of your client essentials
- How to:
- develop a tutoring expertise
- take care of your clients & yourself
- source information your clients need
- solve problems
- Business essentials to consider
This course will ensure you have the essential information, tools and skills to be successful in developing your education consulting career - at any stage of your practice.
Dates of course:
Tuesday, March 31st 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Tuesday, April 7th 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Tuesday, April 14th 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Tuesday, April 21st 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Tuesday, May 5th 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Tuesday, May 12th 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Tuesday, May 19th 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Tuesday, May 26th 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Class meets in person at our office at 157 East 86th Street, New York, NY 10021 as well as remotely via Zoom Video Conference.
The deadline to apply is March 1, 2020.