Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Critical Race Theory
In this self-guided course, parents will learn about what critical race theory is and is not, the curriculum used in K-12 schools, considerations for school admissions, and how to support their child’s learning. A private, 1-1 consultation ensures your questions are answered and that you have ideas about how to support your child.
You will gain access to:
- Four Videos and a 1-1 Private Consultation
- Easy and digestible definitions and concepts are explained in video and text formats. A 45 minute, 1-1 private consultation is included in the fee for this course.
- What is CRT? Understanding DEI curriculum in a K-12 educational setting
- In this first video, parents learn what CRT is and is not and how to understand their child’s DEI curriculum.
- Ways to partner with schools on DEI/CR-S curriculum development
- In this second video, parents learn specific approaches to partner with their child’s school.
- How to approach DEI within the school admissions process
- In this third video, parents learn about how to consider schools along with their DEI initiatives and curriculum.
- How to talk with and support my student with DEI/CR-S curriculum
- In this final video, parents learn ways to support their students. Following this, parents may schedule their private, 1-1 consultation with Dr. Wise.