- This event has passed.
Student Mentor Training Program – for High School Students
April 10, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm UTC+0
One event on April 10, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Are you a High School Student and do you want to use some of your free time right now to support a younger student?
If you have:
A fun, engaging personality
Interests that span from music to film to sports to gaming to academics to drama to robotics to design and more!
The drive to connect with younger kids and make a difference
Then, this is the training for you!
Evolved’s Mentor Training Program is designed to teach high school students the concepts, skills, and tools needed to responsibly and effectively connect with younger people right now during the COVID-19 crisis.
In this training, you will learn:
- Communication Skills
- Privacy Responsibilities
- Peer Leadership 101
- Delivery of Mentoring & Content Sourcing
- What Ifs and How to Deal with Them
What is included:
- Two hour-long LIVE webinars to teach the above content
- Two mini quizzes which assess a student’s mastery of the concepts presented in the Webinars
- A 30 minute, 1-1 call with Mary Miele, the instructor of the course, to review the content, answer questions and to assess the student for certification purposes.
What can students do with this training?
- Students can take the skills they learn in the training and apply them to mentorship opportunities
- We will provide students with suggestions as to how they can approach families, schools, and other organizations to facilitate opportunities for them to mentor young people
- Students can certainly apply the concepts and skills taught in this course to future leadership endeavors
What is the fee for the course?
The course fee is $45. This includes two hour-long training sessions, course content, as well as a 1-1, 30-minute call.
How can I join the course?
- Students must apply no later than Wednesday, April 8th at 5 pm by filling out this form.
- We will send the student’s parent a doc u sign which will collect payment information and waiver signature – this form must be completed before the start of the course on 4/9/2020 by the parent/guardian of the student.
- The student and the parent will receive an email containing the course information and certification requirements.
- The student must be present for both training hours, complete both quizzes and pass the 1-1 summative interview and assessment to be certified.