The Parent-Teacher Conference is an excellent time to connect with the people who teach your child. The value of the conference is to inform instruction and parenting.
Here are some tips to make these meetings count!
- Think about your whole child
- Ask your child about their perspective
- Delve into:
- Academic performance
- Classroom behavior
- Social and emotional well-being
- Physical development including sleep and self-care
- Joy of learning
- Create your list of questions before the conference
- Give your educator time to share their perspectives
- Be sure to take notes or tape the conference if that is a better style for you
ASK YOUR QUESTIONS
- Get answers to what you are curious about
- If there is not enough time, schedule an additional meeting
SET UP GOALS
- Create an action plan
- Set up an additional time to check in to monitor progress
TALK WITH YOUR CHILD
- Give your child constructive feedback about your meeting with their teacher
- Preview for them what will be happening in the classroom and at home to reach goals
- If you are not sure about any aspect of your child's education experience, reach out for support
For more about Evolved Education, click here.